COVID-19 Volunteer Waiver and Policies - Onsite Opportunities
Thank you for offering to volunteer at Building One Community(B1C)!
If you are NOT yet registered with us as a volunteer, please submit your registration here.
During this unprecedented time, we are taking extreme safety precautions for any onsite opportunities. We are following all CDC guidelines for staff and volunteers in our facility. Our entire staff will be wearing facial masks and our schedule has been staggered to allow a limited number of people in the center at any one time. Your temperature will be taken upon arrival for your shift. Please do not come early and bring your own facial mask (one can be provided if needed).
If you don’t feel comfortable volunteering onsite, you can still continue to volunteer remotely! Please email [email protected] for more information.
You can volunteer at our physical facility if:
- You are healthy and not showing any signs of illness including fever, cough, tightness of chest.
- Any of your family members or people you have been in contact with are healthy and not showing any signs of illness or are being tested for the coronavirus.
- You have not traveled to a COVD-19 hot spot in the past 14 days. Please go HERE for the latest hot spot information.
- You or a family member living with you does not work in a hospital or other facility that has a high rate of exposure to the coronavirus.
- You are at least 16 years of age.
If you contract COVID-19, you may require hospitalization, intensive care, or a ventilator to help you breathe. Possible long-term consequences include permanent impairment and even death.
Covid-19 egzansyon volontè
Frequently Asked Questions
Do not come into volunteer and contact Margarita Zimmerman, B1C’s Volunteer Manager, immediately at [email protected].
- Shut down the site immediately and thoroughly disinfect.
- Notify all volunteers and staff by phone and/or email that they may have been exposed.·
- B1C will maintain as confidential the name of any person that tests positive for COVID-19, in keeping with federal health privacy laws
- Staff is working remotely whenever possible and using a staggered schedule when coming into the office.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the building.
- Our sites are thoroughly cleaned every day.·
- High touch areas (e.g., bathrooms, doors, printers, and copiers) are cleaned more frequently.·
- Everybody needs to maintain a distance of 6 feet from others, including other volunteers, participants, and staff.·
- Wear a facial mask over your nose and mouth at all times.·
- Wash hands often, including at the start and end of your volunteer opportunity.
Thank you for your support!
The safety of our volunteers, participants, and staff is our #1 priority.
Swiv nou sou medya sosyal oswa si ou siyen moute pou bilten nou an.