FAMILY AND INDIVIDUAL SERVICES
Individual and Family Support Services assist clients with medical, legal, and social challenges. We have on-site resources and connect with other community-based organizations to make sure that every client has the support they need to succeed.
Health and Human Services
We offer support or referrals in the following areas:
- Drivers License Application
- Notary Services
- Referrals to Food Pantries
- Medical and Mental Health Services
- Domestic Violence
- Substance Abuse and
- Tax Preparation
School and Community Engagement
We work with families to address the achievement gap among immigrant children in Stamford Public Schools:
- Homework and Enrichment Club*
- Individual and small group tutoring
- POWER (Parent Organizing Program)
- Summer Reading Program
- Ferguson Library Bookmobile
- Family Nights
- Life skills workshops
- American Community Survey (ACS) -helps local officials, community leaders and businesses understand the changes taking place in their communities. It is the premier source for detailed information about the American people and workforce.
- American Immigration Council - Learn more about the costs of immigration enforcement and the ways in which the U.S. can enforce our immigration laws humanely and in a manner that ensures due process.
- CT Students for a Dream
- Domestic Violence Guide: How to Get Help When You Are Scared Of The Consequences
- Economic Policy Institute - Facts About Immigration and the U.S. Economy
- Historical information on immigration - Scholastic
- The Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition
- Migration Policy Institute - an independent, non-partisan, non-profit think-tank dedicated to the study of the movement of people worldwide
- National Immigration Law Center - dedicated to defending and advancing the rights of immigrants with low income.
- New York Immigration Coalition - member organizations that helps foster immigrant community leadership and civic engagement, and puts immigrants at the table in the major public policy debates of the day
- United We Dream - the largest immigrant youth-led organization in the nation
- Welcoming America - helps communities across the country achieve prosperity by becoming more welcoming toward immigrants and all residents.