Skills Development Program (SDP)
Get trained and get hired! The B1C Skills Development Program (SDP) trains immigrants for jobs in the Culinary and Health Care sectors – two areas where there is a high local demand for skilled labor.
To help students build the skills needed to advance economically, this program responds to challenges faced by low-skilled immigrants with tailored approaches to education, training, and support.
The SDP’s strategies build well-rounded skills to improve immigrants’ economic wellbeing while strengthening our local community. Program components include:
- Building basic soft skills (i.e. conflict resolution, professionalism) with vocational skills that correspond to steps along career pathways
- Vocational English as a Second Language (VESL) instruction and work-related training
- Opportunities to earn marketable credentials
- Apprenticeships and networking opportunities
- Tailored support services to the needs of immigrants
SDP Stackable Credential Pathway
Credentials are awarded within modules. SDP is structured to allow a stackable credential pathway. Please see the graphic below.