Land of Opportunity Award
Maria Millian, recipient of the 2018 Land of Opportunity Award
About the Land of Opportunity Award:
The Land of Opportunity Award recognizes a local resident who immigrated to the greater Stamford area and whose accomplishments embody the realization of the American Dream, through their own personal success as well as their contributions to the community as a whole.
The Land of Opportunity Award honors the perseverance and resilience demonstrated by the awardee in his or her pursuit of success and commitment to building one strong community. It was established in recognition of immigrant residents' best talents, fresh perspectives, new ideas, businesses and vibrant diversity.
The Land of Opportunity Award will be presented at Building One Community’s Annual Colloquium event. This year’s event will be held Thursday, October 17, 2019 at the Stamford Yacht Club.
The honoree must
- Live/work or have recently lived/worked in the greater Stamford area
- Have been born outside of the United States and its territories (including Puerto Rico)
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age
To submit a nominee please fill out the form on the right.
Nominations may also be submitted by email to [email protected]. A downloadable version of the nomination form is available here.
- All nominations must include the nomination form.
- Late entries and entries submitted without the nomination form will not be considered.
- If you do not have access to email and need to mail a hard copy of a nomination, please call 203-674-8585 x108.
- The submission deadline is July 12, 2019.
Building One Community is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Stay in touch:
Follow us on social media or sign up for our newsletters.