Building One Community is Now Accepting Nominations for
The Land of Opportunity Award
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Yelena Klompus, recipient of the 2017 Land of Opportunity Award
About the Land of Opportunity Award:
The Land of Opportunity Award recognizes a local resident who immigrated to the greater Stamford area and whose accomplishments embody the realization of the American Dream, through their own personal success as well as their contributions to the community as a whole.
The Land of Opportunity Award honors the perseverance and resilience demonstrated by the awardee in his or her pursuit of success and commitment to building one strong community. It was established in recognition of immigrant residents' best talents, fresh perspectives, new ideas, businesses and vibrant diversity.
Each year, the Land of Opportunity Award is presented at Building One Community’s Annual Spring Benefit Breakfast. This year’s event will be held Thursday, May 31, 2018 at the Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa.
To be eligible for nomination, the honoree must:
- Live/work or have recently lived/worked in the greater Stamford area
- Have been born outside of the United States and its territories (including Puerto Rico)
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age
To submit a nominee please fill out the form below.
- All nominations must include the following nomination form.
- Late entries and entries submitted without the nomination form will not be considered.
- If you do not have access to email and need to mail a hard copy of a nomination, please call 203-674-8585 x105.
- The submission deadline is January 31st, 2018.