Family Support Services
Our Family and School Support Services program provides parental assistance as well as medical, legal and social service help and referrals that connect families and individuals to community-based resources to address critical needs and to provide vital solutions in times of crisis. In partnership with key community organizations, Building One Community offers referrals for medical and mental health services, housing and homelessness, legal representation, domestic violence and substance abuse issues. We also offer onsite assistance to constituents facing critical problems such as unpaid wages, immigration concerns, unfair housing practices, workers’ rights issues and other challenges crucial to economic and social stability.
- Kids Club: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-4:30 pm
- Ferguson Mobile Library: Every other Thursday 11:00 am-12:00 pm
- Support Group for New Immigrants (Crisol)
- Family Night: 3rd Friday of each month, 6-8 pm.
- Movie Night (Crisol)
- AmeriCares: Free medical care for people with no health insurance who live in Stamford and Darien. Every Tuesday 2-7 pm and Wednesday 1-6 pm
- HIV testing (Stamford Health Department - free and confidential)
- Health and Wellness Day - Free Dental Cleaning (Community Health Centers) - twice a year
- Help applying for Drive Only Driver License (see Monthly Calendar for times)
- Free Tax Preparation (AARP Foundation Tax Aide) - during tax season
Individual and Family Support Services: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 9 am-5 pm. Call Lorely Peche at 203-674-8585 Ext. 119